Patterns of Codependence©
- I have difficulty identifying what I am feeling.
- I minimize, alter or deny how I truly feel.
- I perceive myself as completely unselfish and
dedicated to the well-being of others.
Low Self Esteem Patterns:
- I have difficulty making decisions.
- I judge everything I think, say or do harshly,
as never "good enough."
- I am embarrassed to receive recognition and
praise or gifts.
- I do not ask others to meet my needs or desires.
- I value others' approval of my thinking, feelings
and behavior over my own.
- I do not perceive myself as a lovable or
- I compromise my own values and integrity to
avoid rejection or others' anger.
- I am very sensitive to how others are feeling
and feel the same.
- I am extremely loyal, remaining in harmful
situations too long.
- I value others' opinions and feelings more than
my own and am afraid to express differing opinions and feelings of my own.
- I put aside my own interests and hobbies in
order to do what others want.
- I accept sex when I want love.
- I believe most other people are incapable of
taking care of themselves.
- I attempt to convince others of what they
"should" think and how they "truly" feel.
- I become resentful when others will not let me
- I freely offer others advice and directions
without being asked.
- I lavish gifts and favors on those I care about.
- I use sex to gain approval and acceptance.
- I have to be "needed" in order to have
a relationship with others.
Copyright © 1998 Co-Dependents
Anonymous, Incorporated and its licensors - All Rights Reserved